Interface Bureau
Présentation des nouveaux venus.
Répondre

Bonjour everyone

11 Avr 2018 à 10:31

After much attempts, I am registered member finally. Thank you for having me.

This Jo Ki from Malaysia. Good to meet all of you.

Re: Bonjour everyone

11 Avr 2018 à 10:48

Hi Jo,

Good to meet you on a french forum, do you read french or use a translator?

regards,

PFB switzerland

12 Avr 2018 à 04:23

Hi PFB,

Thank you for the reply. I did not expect anyone to reply, so thank you for your kindness.

I do not read french, I rely on google translate  :sad:  :sad: , I hope Google will do a good job otherwise I may understand the message wrongly.

12 Avr 2018 à 11:12

Hi Jo ,

welcome !  

try deepL translator ,  it's better than Google

@+ @lain

12 Avr 2018 à 11:21

Hi Jo,

I met few times fellows form Asia, mainly from Honk-Kong, Korea, Japan and Thailand. I was very impressed by the passion and curiosity of distant audiophiles. I know that few don't hesitate to join european non commercials meeting such as Lencohaven, European Triode Festival or Munich & Berlin gang meetings.

Ls3/5A is a french forum but I'm sure we are few who can help in english.

I which you a nice reading,

PFB

13 Avr 2018 à 07:42

Thank you tt-man. I will look up your recommended translator :biggrin:  French is a beautiful language but unfortunately I am born and raise in a country that do not provide French as second language option. We have to learn and write 3 languages, and if I want to do French, it would be the 4th language.. a bit too much for my brain :cheesygrin:

Hi PFB,

You are right, there were quite a lot of passionate LS 3/5A users in Asian countries. Although I had not visited any of the show mentioned in Europe, personally I had staged 12 hifi shows on LS3/5A Club Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur International Audio Video Show.in the past.

I stopped 5 years ago because the public now aware of the unique design and specifications that comes with the speakers, seeing absolutely none used pairs in the market are being butchered and modified. I remembered when I was invited to stage the LS 3/5A show, I hesitated initially as I am just a user and an architect professionally, I am not in audio industry to do the show. I agreed to showcase my system and give out "BBC white paper on LS 3/5A" in every show to inform the visitors; I also give talks on LS 3/5A design concept and its specifications in every show.

Now I concentrate on helping the hifi show organizer to produce show CD using my LS 3/5A system as post digital monitoring.

Good to be here.

Thank you for having me.

Kindest Regards to Everyone
Jo Ki

13 Avr 2018 à 09:00

Hello Jo Ki,
welcome on this forum !
The passion for the LS3-5/a is ewerywhere in the word I see ; there is some differences between the models, what make it so charming.

Generally, what are your favorite amplifiers used for your show in KL ?

PS : your answer is here :wink:
Amplis pour ls : best of the best?

I know very well the FM 611 (250 W) wich is great...

Kind regards.
B r u n o

13 Avr 2018 à 09:05

Welcome Jo,

I will try to speak English in the posts you will initiate.... Il will be a good think for my English practice.

Regards
André

13 Avr 2018 à 09:31

castellu » 24 minutes ago a écrit:Hello Jo Ki,
welcome on this forum !
The passion for the LS3-5/a is ewerywhere in the word I see ; there is some differences between the models, what make it so charming.

Generally, what are your favorite amplifiers used for your show in KL ?

PS : your answer is here :wink:
Amplis pour ls : best of the best?

I know very well the FM 611 (250 W) wich is great...

Kind regards.
B r u n o

Hi Bruno, I agree, those who have been following LS 3/5A long enough knows the change over from 15 Ohm to 11 Ohm, both KEF drivers, and then the replacement drivers, and now Falcon drivers in 15 Ohm. But whatever they are, none are bad in sounding.

I have tried a few FM Acoustics amplifiers and I find only FM 108 mono blocks with 70W works well with LS 3/5A. The preamplifer I tried that is great has to be FM 255, and a close 2nd is FM 245 where both pre are with balance output terminals.

My FM 155 is with single ended RCA output, a compromise but I keep it because this pre works best with my vintage valve power amp collections.

Kind Regards
Jo Ki

-- 13 Apr 2018 à 15:33 --

AJMARS » 26 minutes ago a écrit:Welcome Jo,

I will try to speak English in the posts you will initiate.... Il will be a good think for my English practice.

Regards
André

Dear Andre,

Thank you so much for doing this for me. I appreciate your efforts in trying to communicate in English with me. Already i can see that you command in English better than my French, which is not more than 3 words :sad:

Regards,
Jo Ki
Répondre